The best portable space heater is the Lasko Portable Electric Heater. It is a great value with great performance. There are a lot of other options as well, and today I’ll be going through many of them!
Maybe you want to save some money on heating your entire house? Or you just want a warmer room? Well, portable space heaters that you can use indoors have becoming more and more popular. As they become more efficient, it makes more sense to only heat areas that you’ll be in.
So today, in the spirit of cold weather, I’m checking out the best options for portable electric heating out there.
Also check out our favorite Personal Portable Air Coolers as well.
- PORTABLE HEATER: Portable propane heater designed for emergency heat, tents, campers, job sites, porches, decks, garages, tailgates, barns, sheds, ice fishing, hunting blinds, and more
- HEAT SPACE: Perfect for heating enclosed spaces up to 225 square feet
- ✅【2 QUIET SETTINGS】 This electric space heater features 2 quiet heat settings (high heat and low heat), plus an adjustable thermostat that will maintain the temperature in the room. The optional widespread oscillation feature on this heater evenly distributes warm air throughout the room.Cord Length: 6′.
- ✅【REMOTE CONTROL】 Use the multi-function remote control to turn the heater on/off, set the timer, turn the oscillation on/off or adjust the thermostat. For an added convenience, there is storage for the remote control on the back of the heater so it won’t get lost.
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up righted
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection.Heat Up for a large room – Dual Heating System: Infrared Quartz tube + PTC for 60% more heat than others. Rated around 5200 BTU.
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12-Hour automatic shut-off timer. Amperage: 12.5 Amps
- 🔥 Fast Heating: Brightown upgraded ceramic electric heater adopt a high-quality ceramic PTC heating plate, which can quickly heat up in 3 seconds to output a constant temperature, let you arrouded b warm quickly and get rid of the annoying cold.
- 🔥 LED Display and Timer Function: The upgraded space heater adopt humanize designed, with a high-definition led digital display, you can accurately understand the temperature you set. And you can also set 1 to 12 hours of heating time from the space heater “Timer” function and the heater will auto off while the heating time is over.
- ✅【POWER YOU CAN FEEL】The 42″ Wind Curve Tower Fan has 3-speeds to keep you cool all day and night. This tower fan is perfect for large rooms and bedrooms. The remote control features 5 buttons: on/off, timer, speed, oscillation, and nighttime setting
- ✅【BLADELESS DESIGN】With a slim, sturdy, bladeless design, the 42″ Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan fits beautifully into your home and provides cooling comfort. This lightweight fan is easy to assemble, and the carry handle makes it simple to pick up and move
Features of the Best Portable Space Heaters
What do the best portable space heaters all have in common?
- Safety: Safety is very important for any portable space heater; preventing fires and injuries.
- Wattage: Power is important to consider for the size of room you’re heating.
- Durability: Having a portable space heater that lasts you a long time.
- Oscillation: Does it move from side to side to provide a wider range of heating zone?
- Fan Speed: Is there adjustable fan speed to provide a more custom experience?
- Certification: Certain certifications for states (such as California) are important for safety and environmental concerns.
Ceramic Space Heater vs Metal-Element Fan Heater
A Ceramic Space Heater uses a heating element that is made of PTC (positive temperature coefficient) ceramic material (source). Ceramic heaters are typically portable and used for smaller rooms or office spaces.
When compared to metal-element fan heaters, ceramic heaters can be a lot safer than traditional heaters.
Metal-Element Fan Heaters, use a red-hot wire that creates heat. The heat is then dissipated via a fan.
ASTERION Electric Space Heater
Starting off the Best Portable Space Heaters with this indoor heater from ASTERION.
Firstly, starting with the features. This portable space heater from ASTERION has 3 fan settings; low, medium and high. This allows you to control the force of air and indirectly the temperature. Additionally, you can rotate the thermostat knob to MAX to push as much heat as possible.
Additionally, the ASTERION Electric Space Heater has a 60 degree oscillating function. It is equipped with a DC motor that is very quiet and allows for 60 degrees of angled heating.
In terms of safety, ASTERION thought of that too. They added a top-over switch. So, if the heater falls over then it will automatically shut off (which is a very helpful feature). It also has UL certification for the PTC element and ABS flame-resistant material for double-protection.
It passed ETL and CA65 certifications for indoor home use. And, has a solid power cord for adequate and safe power delivery.
Finally, it is designed for indoor use. So, perfectly sized for small offices, rooms and other types of indoor situations.
Lasko Ceramic Space Heater
Next up is the Lasko Ceramic Space Heater. This model is the 755320. And, it is awesome.
Starting off, it has 2 settings; high heat and low heat. There is also an Auto setting that allows you to warm up a specific room and then once it is at a desired temperature, it shuts off.
It is has an adjustable thermostat that gives you full control over the 1500 Watt ceramic heating element built-in. Lasko also allows you to use a remote control and built-in timer to completely customize the heating schedule. You can program anywhere from 1 hour to 8 hours at 1-hour intervals.
In addition, there is built-in safey features that keep you protected. Lasko doesn’t let the heater overheat even if it’s left on all night. Also, the exterior keeps a “cool touch”. Which means that if you touch it when it’s on, it won’t hurt you.
Finally, the Lasko Ceramic Space Heater comes pre-assembled so that you don’t have to do anything besides plug it in.
Honeywell UberHeat Ceramic Heater
Next up is the Honeywell UberHeat Ceramic Heater. This model is the Honeywell HCE200W.
It is a “white energy” efficient portable space heater that has not only an adjustable thermostat, but 2 heat settings as well.
Honeywell uses a very efficient 1500 watt design in a compact form. It is incredibly energy efficient and in the “low” setting does not require much electricity to operate.
Additionally, they include features such as; 2 heat setting, adjustable thermostat, tip over switch, cool-touch operation and overheat protection. Why are these important? Well, tip over, cool-touch and overheat protection all ensure that you have the safest indoor portable heater than you can have.
Finally, Honeywell is known for their quality, efficiency and build. It will heat up any space that you put it in.
Delonghi Capsule Ceramic Heater
The Delonghi Capsule Ceramic Heater is next up on the list. The model is the HFX30C15.W.
This is an incredibly compact space heater that has tons of power. It is powered by a 1500W power supply and adjustable thermostat. You are able to completely control how hot it is. In addition, they add safety features such as thermal shutoff and tip over switches.
The thermal shutoff will turn off the device when it get’s “too hot” and the tip over switch prevents any heat if it falls over. These are important features for safety.
Portable Electric Space Heater by Brightown
Next up on the list is the Portable Electric Space Heater by Brightown.
This model is special because it can operate at two different operating powers; 750W and 1500W. So, if you want it to be hotter, you can choose “II” which will produce heat up to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. “I” will use the 750W power supply.
In addition, the thermostat knob allows you to completely adjust the temperature range. So, fi you want, the heater can cycle on and off depending on the room’s temperate.
Brightown uses PTC ceramic heating technology and a high speed fan to output the maximum amount of heat they can. It also helps you save on electricity costs because it is extremely efficient. You can heat up to a 200 square foot room with this portable space heater.
Finally, it is very small so that you can carry it and use it wherever you want. And, it is also safe, because it is flame retardant and has auto-shut off features to protect you from any fire harm.
PELONIS Ceramic Tower Indoor Space Heater
The PELONIS Ceramic Tower Indoor Space Heater is an exception choice for the best portable space heater.
They use the most effective version of heating element to achieve temperatures of 70 degrees in under 3 seconds. This is due to the reliable ceramic heating technology.
The PTC indoor space heater is made out of high-quality flame resistant material that can be touched, even when on. It also is able to shut off automatically due to tip-over or overheating. This ensures that you have the safest indoor heater than you can have.
Something unique about the PELONIS space heater is that it has 3 heating levels; high, low and ECO. This gives you the most customization as far as heating goes. You can also maximize efficiency and heat output. The ECO setting will give you the best energy-savings based on your ambient temperature.
In addition, there is touch-control as well as oscillation, an 8 hour timer and carrying handle that makes it easy to move. It is also extremely quiet (50dB and below for operating noise).
Finally, you get a 1-year manufacturer guarantee from PELONIS.
GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater
The next up is the GiveBest Portable Electric Space Heater. This heater has a 750W and 1500W power supply for 2-step heating efficiency.
It has two-step operation; I and II. I gives you 750W and II gives you 1500W. In addition, you can use the thermostat knob to completely control the temperature that comes out of the heater. It can go up to 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
It uses PTC ceramic heating technology and a high speed fan to produce a 200 square foot range. In addition, you can save on electricity with the efficiency that comes along with ceramic heating.
It is also made of flame-proof material so that you should have zero fire hazard. And, it also has a tip-over protection switch so that if it falls or get’s too hot, it will not catch fire.
Finally, it is certified by warranty for up to 1 year from the ETL certified provider GiveBest.
As you can see, when it comes to the Best Portable Space Heater there are several options that won’t break the bank. You can get a lot of value if you just look in the right places.
In conclusion, we don’t think you’ll go wrong with any of these choices. Just remember to focus on the needs you personally need in a space heater.