The best outdoor movie projector is the XGIMI Elfin Mini Projector. The Elfin is an exceptional value for a mini projector that can do it all. It has built-in Harmon Kardon speakers, with a very small footprint. Additionally it can show 4K video with ease, and is even running Android TV.
Are you looking for an portable outdoor projector to set up this summer? Maybe for a backyard movie theater setup?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. These are the top Portable Outdoor Movie Projectors that we could find. While some might just settle for a TV, why would you when you can have a 20 foot screen!
- [Convenient WiFi Connection] Connecting deivces with our wifi projector through wifi. We have TWO things to make it friendly user: (1) Updated the wifi connection steps, make it easier and more stable; (2) Updated the wifi connection speed, you can connect the wifi more quickly. So own our wifi projector, you can enjoy it anytime anywhere, it makes your life easier and happier.
- [Three Added Bonus Better than others] (1) Higher Brightness: Our 9500L is more real than others. It is much brighter than 99% mini projectors. (2) Better Native Resolution: our wifi mini projector’s native resolution is 1280 x 720P, with 1920x1080P supported, better than 90% mini projectors which are native 480P. (3) Add Bluetooth: It is a mini projector with wifi and bluetooth, you can hook up external speakers via bluetooth, the sound is greatly enhanced and sounded theater quality.
- 💖【Native 1080P Full HD Resolution] The projector can deliver you HD movies with 1920*1080 native resolution, which is 4k supported. Equipped with excellent brightness and 10000:1 high dynamic contrast ratio, the hd projector provides sharper, brighter, and richer images! (Portable Projector 100” Screen Included).
- 💖【200” Giant Screen &±15°Keystone Correction] Mini Portable projector provides 40-200 inches projection display, at 6.8-16.4 feet projection distance. Keystone correction make setting up and getting the perfect screen position a breeze. It is a good choice as a indoor bedroom home theater, and also good for outdoor movie night for families.
- 🔥【Updated System & 65,000 Lamp Life】NICPOW mini projector supports 1920x1080P resolution, the original resolution is 1280x720P, providing high-definition and bright images and videos. With a projection distance of 3.3 to 16 feet and a viewing size of 32” to 240”, you have a variety of viewing options. The 6000: 1 color contrast, 7500 lux brightness, along with 4: 3/16: 9 aspect ratio, ±15° keystone correction and the longest 65,000 hours lamp life, ensuring a superior viewing experience.
- 🔥【240” Projection & ±15° Keystone Correction】 Just enjoy the home theater and party idea with your family and friends. With image sizes up to 240 inches, you can enjoy the great experience of the big screen anytime, anywhere. The outdoor projector provides a projection size from 30” to 240” with the projection distance between 3.3ft to 21.8ft. (Optimal projection distance is 6.5 feet-8.2 feet). In addition, ±15° keystone correction make setting up and getting the perfect screen position a bree
- ➤【Innovative Auto Focus and Auto Keystone Correction】WiMiUS’s first auto focus projector is here! P62 video projector adopts auto-focus and 6D auto-keystone technology, Say goodbye to troublesome manual adjustment, and you can get a clear rectangular picture within 5 seconds after starting up! The built-in displacement sensor can detect the movement of the projector at all times. Even if the projector is moved, the P62 can automatically adjust the focus and correct the image.
- ➤【Native 1080P & 500 ANSI & 20000:1 Contrast Ratio】P62 WiFi and Bluetooth projector adopts imported concentrating technology glass lens, with high-definition native 1080P and 20000:1 high dynamic contrast ratio, and supports 4K video. With 99% NTSC technology, it highly restores the original image without compressing the picture quality, giving you the best game and movie look and feel.
- 💖【Native 1080P Full HD resolution】： If you have a high requirement for clarity of projector, this Full HD projector must be your favorite. With a resolution of 1920*1080,higher brightness, and a dynamic contrast ratio of up to 10000:1, the projector shows a more clearer, brighter, and richer picture.
- 💖【Bluetooth 5.1 Function and HiFi Stereo Speakers】： The projector’s built-in dual HiFi stereo surround speakers restores the original audio fidelity, allowing you to experience an excellent listening experience without connecting external speakers. The bluetooth projector can connect headphones, speakers and other audio equipment through bluetooth, and you can experience the cinema-level surround effect at home.
What to Look for in the Best Outdoor Movie Projector
- Lux: Lux is a measure of brightness and the amount of white light projected onto your projection screen. 3000 Lux is on the low end, 5000-8000 Lux is highly recommended for optimal viewing brightness.
- Contrast Ratio: The contrast ratio relates to the difference in black and white levels in an image. The higher the contrast ratio, the better picture quality and the more you can discern between different images. Keep a high contrast ratio; 5000:1, 6000:1, 7000:1.
- Connectivity: This is the amount of media devices you can connect to your projector. It is important to keep in mind how many and what type of devices you plan on using.
- Throw Distance: The throw distance is how far away the projector can place an image on a screen. Cheaper projectors will have shorter distances. You should have a throw distance of at least 8 feet so that you can have the freedom to move your device wherever you want.
- Portability: When it comes to moving your projector around, you need to consider how portable you need it to be.
- Power: You need to consider where and how your projector will get it’s power from (battery, wall outlet, etc.).
- Resolution: When it comes to resolution, projectors are similar to TV’s (4K, 1080p, 720p, etc.).
- Brightness: Different brightnesses are for different situations (low light, high light, outdoors).
- Setup: Setting up your projector can be easy or difficult, sometimes it helps to have built-in setup components.
- Speakers: Built-in speakers? Using your own home theater speakers? Something to consider when buying a projector.
- Mount-ability: Being able to mount your projector from the ceiling, ground or wherever you need it to fit.
VANKYO Leisure 410 Portable Movie Projector
Starting off the list is the VANKYO Leisure 410 Portable Projector. This is a 1080p mini projector that supports iOS and Android connection as well as HDMI, PS4, VGA, and USB.
It is designed to be used indoors or outdoors with a very bright bulb. The Leisure 410 got a 2020 update with a brighter bulb, sharper image and better speakers.
In addition, the built-in speaker and fan-mute system work together to provide you with the best watching experience possible. However, we always recommend home theater speakers. But, the VANKYO outdoor projector uses a heat dispersion cooling system to prevent excess noise.
You can either install the projector with a 1/4″ screw, ceiling mount or outdoor mount. Also, it comes with HDMI, USB, VGA, SD, AV and TV ports so you can use virtually any video source.
Finally, the Leisure 410 projector features a 33-inch to 200-inch image with a projection from 3.6ft to 21.6ft. However, VANKYO recommends a viewing distance of 9.8ft.
TOPVISION Video Projector with Carrying Case
Up next for the best outdoor movie projectors is the TOPVISION Movie Projector with Carrying Case. This projector is a 1080p native full HD projector with 6500 Lux of brightness.
Firstly, the technology uses improved pixel resolution to provide a very detailed sharp experience. Additionally, there is no downscaling or compression needed so that you can have the clearest image possible.
TOPVISION also uses a 6500 Lux bulb so that the contrast ratio is 6000:1. This helps not only in high light conditions, but with ambient light as well. There is an upgraded LED bulb that provides accurate color representation and brightness. A fine balance that is difficult to master.
They also include built-in HiFi stereo speakers and advanced circulation cooling system. There are two 3W speakers with an SRS sound system. This means that you don’t have to use external speakers if you’re using it as a portable projector.
Along with the speakers, TOPVISION uses two intelligently independently controlled fans that can adjust speed in realtime. Meaning, they can prevent any extra noise from the fans intruding on movie audio. It can also help extend the life of the lamp to up to 80,000 hours of use.
Finally, the outdoor movie projector offers a screen size from 67″ up to 240″. However, 10.5ft is the recommended viewing distance. The projector is also equipped with 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, a VGA port, and AV port so that you have basically unlimited connectivity.
BOMAKER Portable Projector for Outdoor Movies
The BOMAKER Portable Projector for Outdoor Movies is one of the projectors on this list that includes not only a projector screen, but a carrying bag as well. Using their codes you can get a free portable projector screen and projector bag.
BOMAKER makes sure that this is truly an outdoor portable projector with endless options for wireless connectivity. You can use screen mirroring with AirPlay or Miracast, as well as the typical inputs. They use a 6000 Lux bulb for 1080p supported resolution. Additionally, the bulb should last for up to 50,000 hours.
They also use a special cooling system for decreased fan noise (about 15% less than typical projectors). And, you can also use WiFi to connect to the screen mirroring setting.
Additionally, the BOMAKER portable projector can project on screens anywhere from 35 inches to 300 inches. With the ideal viewing distance of 8.2ft to 11.4ft with a 80-100 inch screen.
This is one of our favorites for outdoor movie watching because of it’s size, portability, screen variability and overall quality.
DR. J Mini Outdoor Movie Projector
Next up is the DR. J Professional HI-04 Outdoor Movie Projector. This is one of the smaller portable LED video projectors. It has improved brightness, contrast ratio and includes a 100 inch portable projector screen.
Similar to the BOMAKER, DR. J includes a portable projector screen so you don’t have to purchase one separately. They also use one of the highest 1080p bulbs around. It has a contrast ratio of 2000:1 (a bit lower than we like) and a bulb life of 40,000 hours. It can project up to 176 inches.
There is a plethora of media connection options; ChromeBook , PCs, laptop, tablets, Blu-Ray DVD players, SD card, USB drivers, and game consoles. It is ideal for indoor and outdoor movie watching, however we found it best for outdoors.
You should connect your own audio setup or home theater system to the projector. So, you get the best sound quality possible.
QKK Mini Projector with Included Screen
The QKK Mini Projector is a portable LCD projector that supports outdoor use. This model, the QK02, has an LED projector upgrade for native 1080p resolution.
It also comes with a 100 inch projector screen. This screen is perfect for camping, outdoor use, trips and family movie nights. They estimate a bulb life of 50,000 hours with a five layer LCD display. The LED is bright with a 4500 Lux brightness and 2000:1 contrast ratio. In addition, the QKK QK02 can support up to a 176 inch screen.
QKK uses dual speakers for stereo output. We’d still recommend a surround sound system, but for outdoor use the dual speakers work fine. They also use a dual fan cooling system so that you have quiet consistent operation.
Finally, the QK02 outdoor movie projector has connection for AV, USB, SD card, HDMI, VGA and a headphone plug. They also offer a 3-year 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Why Do You Need An Outdoor Movie Projector
So, why get an outdoor movie projector? Well, for one thing you can watch lots of sports games, movies and other important events with family. Gathering outside when the weather is nice is one of the most satisfying things.
So, having a reason for all of your friends and family to come over is fun. You can also use the projector as a portable TV/media player. There is a lot of use cases where you can use an outdoor movie projector such as; camping, family trips, parties, graduation events, and more!
As you can see, getting your own home personal outdoor movie projector doesn’t have to be extremely expensive. You can find one for a great price.
Along with a home theater speaker system, you can really (affordably) create an awesome setup that will make your friends and family always want to be over.